Joe Friedman is a Partner in Edge’s Capital Markets Group, the investment sales platform for the company. He has 18 years of experience in the field of investment sales brokerage in the Washington/Baltimore region. Joe has directed the marketing and sale of over 120 transactions and successfully sold over $1.30 billion of industrial, flex, neighborhood retail, and suburban office property in the Washington DC/Baltimore Metro region. He has represented a broad range of prominent high-net worth private owners, private equity groups and REITs.
Joe spent 11 years at Transwestern with the Mid-Atlantic investment sales platform and 3 years as Director of investment sales at McShea & Company, which was acquired by Avison and Young. Joe started his career in commercial real estate at CoStar Group in 2000 and started his investment sales career as a research and marketing associate with the Private Client Investment Sales team at CBRE in 2002.
He is currently co-chair of the NAIOP MD/DC Capital Markets Committee and served four years as a committee chair for NAIOP Real Estate Emerging Leaders (REEL). He has been a member of the exclusive DC Real Estate Group for Washington’s top real estate professionals under 40 since 2008.
EDUCATION, RECOGNITION & AFFILIATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, University of Michigan
- Master’s degree in Commercial Real Estate with Finance concentration, Georgetown University
- Edge Top Producer 2020
- NAIOP DC/MD Member of the Year Nominee, 2018
- Top Producer at McShea & Company, 2013
- Bisnow’s Top 35 Real Estate Professionals Under 35 in Washington, D.C., 2007
- Transwestern Mid-Atlantic’s Rookie Agent of the Year, 2005