Joe Friedman is a Partner in Edge’s Capital Markets Group, the investment sales platform for the company. He has 16 years of experience in the field of investment sales brokerage in the Washington/Baltimore region. Joe has directed the marketing and sale of over 100 transactions and successfully sold over $1 billion of industrial, flex, neighborhood retail, and suburban office property in the Washington DC/Baltimore Metro region. He has represented a broad range of prominent high-net worth private owners, private equity groups and REITs.
Joe has previously served as Managing Director of investment sales at Metcap Advisors and Transwestern, Director of investment sales at McShea & Company and a research associate at CBRE and CoStar Group.
He is currently co-chair of the NAIOP MD/DC Capital Markets Committee and served four years as a committee chair for NAIOP Real Estate Emerging Leaders (REEL). He is an honorary member of the exclusive DC Real Estate Group for Washington’s top real estate professionals under 40.
EDUCATION, RECOGNITION & AFFILIATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, University of Michigan
- Master’s degree in Commercial Real Estate with Finance concentration, Georgetown University
- NAIOP DC/MD Member of the Year Nominee, 2018
- Top Producer at McShea & Company, 2013
- Bisnow’s Top 35 Real Estate Professionals Under 35 in Washington, D.C., 2007
- Transwestern Mid-Atlantic’s Rookie Agent of the Year, 2005