At Edge, we believe in fostering a culture that facilitates success and creating a space where people enjoy coming to work. If you want to work hard and make an impact while enjoying best-in-industry incentives and benefits, then Edge is the place for you.
A typical week at Edge involves working in teams where your voice is heard and your accomplishments are celebrated. We also take great pride in our high level of community involvement and philanthropic work. Additionally, Edge offers continuing education & certification support and comprehensive & affordable health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401(k) participation.
To see a comprehensive list of our benefits, please check out our Benefits Overview.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career or need any additional information, call 703.334.5600.
Edge is seeking a qualified candidate to source prospective clients for our Tenant Advisory service line. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to make an impact in the commercial real estate industry. As an Associate with the Tenant Advisory team, you will be working alongside a group of highly-skilled and talented people, including some of the company’s founders.
- Identify and source tenant representation opportunities
- Work closely with transaction managers and brokers to drive transactions to completion
- Interface with all levels of client customers and become an extension of client’s commercial real estate team
- Analyze and advise clients to assist in sound decision making
- Become proficient with transaction/portfolio management technology solutions
- Represent the interests of clients. Can include, but is not limited to, locating desired facilities, identifying requirements, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting a financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents
- Work closely with internal parties (Property Services, Project Management, Facility Management, Marketing, and Finance/Accounting) to understand requirements and advise on strategic issues
- Provide high level of customer service to clients, vendors, and team
- Coordinate with Senior Advisors to ensure tracking and reporting of client(s) deliverables
- Manage a high volume workload while also remaining responsive to clients and team members
- Manage information within the client’s chosen technology platform
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, able to handle a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Strong financial and/or analytical skills
- Strong client relationship building/networking skills
- Bachelor’s degree – business, finance, real estate or marketing preferred
- 2-3 years of business (preferably real estate) experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Real Estate Salesperson license (will need prior to hiring)
Our growing full service commercial real estate firm is in need of a talented, experienced, and enthusiastic content writer to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will be an expert wordsmith that can showcase our company in a compelling way. You should be highly skilled at various preparatory functions preceding the actual writing, including research, questioning, listening, distilling, organizing, and confirming. We are looking for someone who will come to know our business well and be able to work with our Director of Marketing and other employees throughout the company to prepare a wide array of communications material including technical writing, market information and marketing content.
- Conduct interviews and secure quotes from real estate professionals and experts
- Ensure that subjects are properly researched whether from internal or external sources
- Collaborate with thought leaders, subject matter experts and team members to create innovative content ideas
- Research and create social media posts, blogs, online advertisements, landing pages, brand language, white papers, case studies, presentations, infographics, market analysis summaries, sponsored articles, web copy and more….
- Create and maintain engaging content that can be repackaged to meet a variety of needs
- Proofread all assignments to detect and correct errors prior to publishing
- Verify our content’s accuracy; confirm quotes; double check facts and figures
- Communicate any assignment-related difficulties as they are detected
- Periodically refresh content to ensure it is accurate and continues to align with our strategy
- Provide weekly status reports on hours spent per project
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or English
- 1-2 years’ experience meeting deadlines
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Top-notch communication skills (both written / verbal)
- An outgoing personality and great teamwork!
$20-$30 per hour based on experience
Hours per week:
This position requires that the individual be able to meet at any of the company’s various locations to include Washington DC, McLean VA, and Rockville MD. Most work can be done remotely.
Rapidly growing Commercial Real Estate Advisory and Services Company seeking a Senior Accountant to support the expanding commercial real estate portfolio. Exciting long-term salary/career potential available!
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed accurately on a timely manner.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain financial records and systems in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Review Accounts Payable invoices and Accounts Receivables including billing adjustments and rents.
- Prepare and communicate monthly financial statements and analysis.
- Conduct expense reimbursements and allocations.
- Process commissions to ensure payment to all parties.
- Code expenses and revenues
- Track tenant lease schedule and expiration dates
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Maintain the financial operations, analysis, and monthly reporting.
- Reconciliation of account balances to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Review and abstract executed lease terms and amendment agreements
- Reconcile accounts with outstanding balance and work with landlords, tenants, and vendors to resolve any disputes.
- Follow up on delinquencies with direction of Property Manager.
- Request, process, and document certificates of insurance
- Manage physical and database lease files to ensure that lease files contain accurate, up-to-date records and are of institutional equivalent quality.
- Monitor time sensitive deadlines relative to new leases, amendments, renewals, notices, and other documentation.
- Preparation of draw requests
- Serves as backup to all payroll functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Yardi Experience is a MUST
- Commercial Real Estate Experience is MUST
- Payroll Management
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (multilingual a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Relationship oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Persistent “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize/perform to achieve established goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Respect for details; ability to execute without excess supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the accounting and finance sector
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience in commercial real estate industry, Public experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits package provided.