EDGE Commercial Real Estate is committed to excellence. We retain only extraordinary individuals and are always seeking like-minded, entrepreneurial candidates to join and advance within our rapidly growing regional Commercial Real Estate Advisory, Property Services, Construction and Investment Company.
- Work closely with transaction managers and brokers to drive transactions to completion
- Ability to interface with all levels of client customers and become an extension of client’s commercial real estate team
- Proactive in analyzing and advising clients to assist in sound decision making
- Become proficient with transaction/portfolio management technology solutions
- Represent the interests of clients. Can include, but is not limited to, locating desired facilities, identifying requirements, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting a financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents
- Work closely with internal parties (Lease Administration, Project Management, Facility Management, Marketing, and Finance/Accounting) to understand requirements and advise on strategic issues
- Provide high level of customer service to clients, vendors, and team
- Responsible for client reporting
- Coordinate with Senior Advisors to ensure tracking and reporting of client(s) deliverables
- Ability to manage a high volume workload while also remaining responsive to clients and team members
- Manage information within the client’s chosen technology platform
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, able to handle a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Strong financial and/or analytical skills
- Strong client relationship building/networking skills
- Bachelor’s degree – business, finance, real estate or marketing preferred
- 3 – 5 years business/professional experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Real Estate Salesperson license
- Lease administration experience
Position will be salaried or commission based with a draw
ROLE/SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
As Building Engineer you are responsible for the day to day maintenance operations in EDGE Commercial Real Estate managed Class A and B commercial office and office condominium space. Properties are located in Gaithersburg, Rockville, and Germantown, Maryland. This position includes participation in a rotating on call schedule in which additional support may be required at other EDGE locations within the region. The Building Engineer will work with the Chief Engineer and Property Management to ensure that all maintenance resources, funds, materials, and equipment, are being used in the most efficient manner as to preempt tenant disruptions and minimize equipment downtime.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of HVAC, energy management, electrical, plumbing, lighting, life safety, fire protection, and security systems
- Plan, coordinate, and/or perform preventive maintenance and repair services on building operating systems including HVAC, electrical/lighting, plumbing, fire & life safety, and security systems. Consults with clients/property managers to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience
- Retrieve pricing for parts/supplies and service repairs. Coordinate contractor, tenant, and management approval
- Assist with the coordination and oversight of maintenance efforts with outside vendors
- Complete tenant requests in a timely manner ensuring proper follow up upon completion
- Ensure that all required inspections remain up to date for building operating systems including Fire/Sprinkler Systems, Elevators, Boilers, Backflow Preventers, etc.
- Maintain Stock and inventory control
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of all work areas
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule for the Maryland portfolio ensuring timely responses as needed for after-hours emergency calls
- Other Duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must maintain a valid drivers license
- Technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, repair and maintenance and overall system design and application
- Previous experience with automated building management systems and/or energy management control systems
- Ability to read and utilize blueprints, schematics, and control diagrams a plus
- Attended a certified trade school and obtained VAC certificate or has equivalent education and experience from other industry related trades
- Universal CFC Certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact positively with a wide range of people
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information to Management, owners, and building occupants
- Monthly fuel reimbursement
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Uniforms provided
- Cell phone provided
- Continuing Education
The successful candidate will support various aspects of portfolio finance and asset management ranging from researching, updating, creating, and managing financial information to help the company make well informed decisions. This is an excellent opportunity for a high-potential candidate to leverage his or her expertise and recommend investments and investment timing to our talented real estate team.
- Organization – Responsible for providing support to principals with underwriting, loan request/investment report packaging, due diligence, closing, servicing and various support functions.
- Planning – Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services.
- Underwriting – Prepares underwriting of commercial real estate properties based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value, and loan amount.
- Packaging – Prepares investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include analysis of the borrower, property, underwriting, valuation, location, market, leases/rent roll, photographs, aerials, maps, etc.
- Market Research – Gathers site, neighborhood, zoning, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparable, properties for sale, absorption surveys, occupancy studies and trends.
- Closing – Provides loan closing coordination including calculating proration & transaction costs, collecting due diligence items, ordering third party reports, coordinating with all parties including borrowers, lender and legal counsels, and acting as liaison with 3rd
- Servicing – Performs regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews/briefs, and normal routine regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing principals and investors with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Office Administration – Performs office administration including support for all office functions as needed including marketing initiatives.
- Two to Three years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate
- Four-year college degree, preferably with major in real estate finance or business administration, MBA degree desirable
- Demonstrated analytical skills and underwriting related experience with all commercial property types
- Strong computer knowledge and skills including in-depth expert knowledge of ARGUS and Excel, WORD, and graphic software in relation to real estate
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task under-pressure
- Customer service oriented and experienced
- Receptive to North Bethesda and/or Tysons Corner
SKILLS/ OTHER ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assignments and related triage
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and “common sense”
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations