EDGE Commercial Real Estate is committed to excellence. We retain only extraordinary individuals and are always seeking like-minded, entrepreneurial candidates to join and advance within our rapidly growing regional Commercial Real Estate Advisory, Property Services, Construction and Investment Company.
Please contact Zalen Crowder to discuss employment opportunities within our firm.
EDGE Commercial Real Estate is seeking a qualified candidate to source prospective clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to make an impact in the commercial real estate industry. As an Associate Advisor, you will be working alongside a group of diversely talented colleagues including some of the company’s founders.
- Identify and source tenant representation opportunities
- Work closely with transaction managers and brokers to drive transactions to completion
- Interface with all levels of client customers and become an extension of client’s commercial real estate team
- Analyze and advise clients to assist in sound decision making
- Become proficient with transaction/portfolio management technology solutions
- Represent the interests of clients. Can include, but is not limited to, locating desired facilities, identifying requirements, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting a financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents
- Work closely with internal parties (Property Services, Project Management, Facility Management, Marketing, and Finance/Accounting) to understand requirements and advise on strategic issues
- Provide high level of customer service to clients, vendors, and team
- Coordinate with Senior Advisors to ensure tracking and reporting of client(s) deliverables
- Manage a high volume workload while also remaining responsive to clients and team members
- Manage information within the client’s chosen technology platform
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, able to handle a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Strong financial and/or analytical skills
- Strong client relationship building/networking skills
- Bachelor’s degree – business, finance, real estate or marketing preferred
- 2-3 years of business (preferably real estate) experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Real Estate Salesperson license (will need prior to hiring)
Position will be salaried or commission based with a draw
Location: Rockville, Maryland
EDGE Commercial Real Estate, a rapidly growing, fully integrated, regional, Commercial Real Estate Company, is in search of a dynamic, high energy, experienced Controller to oversee the organizations accounting functions like accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cash management. As the corporation’s financial officer, you will help manage investments and insurance programs, prepare budgets, monitor financial reporting, supervise special projects, perform internal audits, and prepare corporate tax returns. You will be responsible for maintaining all procedures and controls related to the company’s financial accounts.
- Maintain compliance with government agencies
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the enhancement and progressive development of the organizational structure to achieve the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee all accounting operations, control systems, and transaction-processing operations
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for audits
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- The candidate should, at least, have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of experience within a real estate firm or division of a large corporation.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- Extensive experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Bank Reconciliations
- Significant experience analyzing real estate transactions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-directed & resourceful w/ the ability to operate independently
- Self-motivated team player, able to manage personnel & lead by example
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Property Management Accounting Software (Yardi, MRI)
- Disciplined & proactive with ability to anticipate & stay ahead of needs/issues
- Strong organization & time management skills w/ ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task.
Location: Rockville, Maryland
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed accurately on a timely manner.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Maintain financial records and systems in accordance with GAAP standards
- Review Accounts Payable invoices and Accounts Receivables including billing adjustments and rents
- Prepare and communicate monthly financial statements and analysis
- Conduct expense reimbursements and allocations
- Process commissions to ensure payment to all parties
- Code expenses and revenues
- Track tenant lease schedule and expiration dates
- Assist in developing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Maintain the financial operations, analysis, and monthly reporting
- Reconciliation of account balances to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Review and abstract executed lease terms and amendment agreements
- Reconcile accounts with outstanding balance and work with landlords, tenants, and vendors to resolve any disputes
- Follow up on delinquencies with direction of Property Manager
- Request, process, and document certificates of insurance
- Manage physical and database lease files to ensure that lease files contain accurate, up-to-date records and are of institutional equivalent quality
- Monitor time sensitive deadlines relative to new leases, amendments, renewals, notices and other documentation
Knowledge & Skills:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (multilingual a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Yardi Experience is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Relationship oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service
- Persistent “whatever it takes” attitude
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize/perform to achieve established goals with prudence and sense of urgency
- Respect for details; ability to execute without excess supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the accounting and finance sector
- Prefer 1 year of experience in commercial real estate industry, Public experience is a plus
- Competitive salary and benefits package provided
EDGE Commercial Real Estate is looking for a highly organized and motivated candidates to assist in the oversight of the day to day maintenance operations for a Class A commercial office building located in Northern Virginia. The Lead Building Engineer will work directly with the Property Manager to ensure that all maintenance resources, funds, materials, and equipment, are being used in the most efficient manner as to preempt tenant disruptions and minimize equipment downtime.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of HVAC, energy management, electrical, plumbing, lighting, life safety, fire protection, and security systems
- Plan, coordinate, and/or perform preventive maintenance and repair services on building operating systems including HVAC, electrical/lighting, plumbing, fire & life safety, and security systems. Consults with clients/property managers to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Retrieve pricing for parts/supplies and service repairs. Coordinate contractor, tenant, and management approval.
- Assist with the coordination and oversight of maintenance efforts with outside vendors.
- Complete tenant requests in a timely manner ensuring proper follow up upon completion.
- Ensure that all required inspections remain up to date for building operating systems including Fire/Sprinkler Systems, Elevators, Boilers, Backflow Preventers, etc.
- Maintain Stock and inventory control.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of all work areas.
- Supervise building maintenance team including 1 Maintenance Helper and 1 Day Porter.
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule for the property ensuring timely responses as needed for after-hours emergency calls.
- 5 – 7 years experience
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must maintain a valid drivers license
- Technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, repair and maintenance and overall system design and application.
- Previous experience with automated building management systems and/or energy management control systems a plus.
- Ability to read and utilize blueprints, schematics, and control diagrams a plus
- Attended a certified trade school and obtained VAC certificate or has equivalent education and experience from other industry related trades.
- Universal CFC Certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact positively with a wide range of people
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information to Management, owners, and building occupants
- $28 – $30/hour based on experience
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Year end bonus
- Uniforms & cell phone provided
- Up to $1,500 annually for Continuing Education